2019 STIHL MS 171
A lightweight, fuel-efficient chainsaw with reduced-emission engine technology.
"I have used it to cut down several trees with 6 inch diameters and cut up the limbs into manageable sizes as well as pruning multiple limbs. The saw has performed flawlessly. Easy to start. All in all a great product with a great dealer/service network. "
Newport News, VA
The STIHL MS 171 is part of the lightweight generation of STIHL chainsaws with reduced emission technology - a significant benefit for users because it saves fuel even as it cuts exhaust emissions. The MS 171 also has the STIHL pre-separation air filter, which can extend filter life up to five times over previous models.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers Simply lift the lever and twist the caps to remove or tighten. There‘s no need to use a tool to tighten or loosen.
- Translucent Fuel Tank: Allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work.
- Displacement: 31.8 cc (1.94 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 1.3 kW (1.7 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 4.3 kg (9.5 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 280 cc (9.5 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 180 cc (6.1 oz.)
- Oilomatic® Chain: 3/8" PMM3
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 30 to 40 cm (12" to 16")STIHL ROLLOMATIC® E
- Power Source: Gas
- 1.94 cu. in. (31.8 cc)
- Horse Power
- 1.7 bhp (1.3 kW)
- 9.5 lb. (4.3 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 12 in. to 16 in. (30 to 40 cm)